Montgomery Taylor, an established CPA firm in Santa Rosa, California, is seeking a motivated, hands on, CPA/Tax Partner. We are seeking an experienced tax manager to prepare and review complex trust, estate, corporation, partnership, and individual income tax returns. This is a long-term growth opportunity for the right candidate, which will include a planned partnership interest. We are a high growth, high profile firm offering tax and wealth management services.
This position is the only Tax Manager position in our firm. This manager is a key person and must be capable of managing all aspects of the tax department; tax work, managing and training people, and setting policy and procedure.
Our CPA firm has a sister company, Montgomery Taylor & Company, which is a Registered Investment Advisor, offering investment management, wealth management, and financial planning services. These services have been a part of our offering since the very beginning and are very well established. Participation in our holistic approach to wealth and tax strategies for clients are among your responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Licensed CPA required
- 4+ years of public accounting or related experience
- 4+ years of tax preparation experience
- 1+ year(s) of review experience
- Proficient in corporate, individual, partnership, and trust taxation
- Proven ability to research complex tax issues and develop tax planning strategies
- Previous experience in supervising and training staff is required
- Excellent people and communication skills
- A polished presence and professional attire
- Strong computer skills (Quickbooks, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Extensive experience with Lacerte is a plus
The compensation for this position includes a competitive salary DOE, 75% employer paid health, dental, and vision care for you and your dependents, a 401(k) retirement plan, 7 paid holidays, 5 paid sick days, 3 weeks paid vacation, and CPE reimbursement.
Montgomery Taylor Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.