At MT&C we collect personal information from you to open your account(s), to process your transactions and to help us provide aÂ better level of service. However, we do not sell your personal information to anyone. We protect the security and confidentiality of all personal information we collect.
Our relationship with you is our most important asset. We understand that you have entrusted us with your private financial information, and we do everything we can to maintain that trust.
1. We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
2. We do not disclose personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
- We disclose personal information to companies that help us process or service your transactions or account(s), including companies that print and mail your account statements, and to your advisors (attorney, accountant, banker, insurance agent, etc.).
- So that you can learn more about our services, we also may disclose personal information such as account transaction data, to companies, including financial institutions, which assist us in marketing. We have contracts with these companies that prohibit them from using your personal information for their own purposes.
- We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, resolve consumer disputes, perform credit/ authentication checks, or for institutional risk control.
- Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information with third parties unless you have specifically asked us to do so, that is, opted in.
3. We do collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to administer your accounts and serve you better.
- Application and registration information. We collect information that you provide to us when you open an account or register for one of our services. The information we collect may include name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number, and information about your interests, investments, and investment experience.
- Transaction information. Once you have an account with us, to administer your account and better serve you, we collect and maintain personal information about your transactions, including balances, positions, and history, and may include your name and other data in an internal client list that reflects your activities at MT&C.
- As part of our efforts to reach and serve new and existing clients we sometimes collect and use information from outside mailing lists.
4. We use your personal information to fulfill our regulatory obligations and to help us deliver the best possible service to you.
- For example, we may use your personal information to provide faster, more convenient services or to alert you to MT&C services you may find useful.
5. We protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- Companies we hire to provide support services are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality. We limit their use of your personal information to the performance of the specific service we have requested.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees and agents for business purposes only. All employees are trained and required to safeguard such information.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information.
6. We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect personal information and make every effort to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
- If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, or you need to make a change to that information, please contact us so that we may promptly update our records.
7. We will provide notice of changes in our information-sharing practices.
- If at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change so that you will have the opportunity to opt out of such disclosure.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (707) 576-8700.
Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
Montgomery Taylor & Company has developed a Business Continuity Plan to minimize disruption to services in times of crisis. We care about each one of you and will continue to serve you even in times of crisis. Therefore, we want you to be aware of what we will do if normal business activities cannot be continued due to a disabling event such as loss of technology, the building, or a large proportion of staff. Since the timing and impact of disasters and disruptions is unpredictable, we must be flexible in responding to actual events as they occur. With that in mind, we are providing you with this information about our business continuity plan.
Our firm conducts business in equity and fixed income securities. Our firm is an introducing firm and does not perform any type of clearing function for itself or others. Our firm services only retail clients. We do not engage in any private placements. Our firm does not maintain custody of clients’ funds or securities. All funds or securities are maintained by our custodian, Fidelity Investments, 1-800-523-1203, www.fidelity.com. Our contact at Fidelity Investments is Michael O’Donnell, 1-817-474-0100, Michael.o’firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept and enter orders. All transactions are sent to our custodian, which executes our orders, compares them, allocates them, clears and settles them. Our custodian also maintains our clients’ accounts, grants clients access to them, and delivers funds and securities.
Our firm’s policy is to respond to a Significant Business Disruption (SBD) by safeguarding employees’ lives and firm property, making a financial and operational assessment, quickly recovering and resuming operations, protecting all the firm’s books and records, and allowing our clients to transact business. If we determine we are unable to continue our business, we will assure clients prompt access to their funds and securities.
Significant Business Disruptions (SBDs)
Our plan anticipates two kinds of SBDs, internal and external. Internal SBDs affect only our firm’s ability to communicate and do business, such as a fire in our building. External SBDs prevent the operation of the securities markets or several firms, such as a terrorist attack, a city flood, or a wide-scale, regional disruption. Our response to an external SBD relies more heavily on other organizations and systems, especially on the capabilities of our custodian.
Clients’ Access to Funds and Securities
In the event of an internal or external SBD, if telephone service is available, our registered advisors will take client orders or instructions and contact our custodian on their behalf. If our Web access is available, our firm will contact clients (through electronic communication) and inform them that they may also access funds/securities through the Fidelity Service Team (1-800-523-1203.)
Alternative Physical Location(s) of Employees
Our office is located at 2880 Cleveland Avenue Suite 2, Santa Rosa, CA 95403. Its main telephone number is 707-576-8700. We engage in order taking and entry at this location.
In the event of an SBD, we will move our staff to an alternate location predetermined by management.
Data Back-Up and Recovery (Hard Copy and Electronic)
Our firm maintains its primary hard copy books, hard copy records, and its electronic records at an offsite location. Back-up electronic copies are stored at an offsite location and are backed up weekly. The firms back up drive is automatically updated every night and taken off site weekly. Our firm maintains the following document types and forms that are not transmitted to our custodian: IPS, ADV, generated reports, billing, invoices and IAA.
In the event of an internal or external SBD resulting in the loss of our paper records, we will physically recover them in electronic format from our back-up drives. Our firm also utilizes cloud-based systems to minimize down time in the event of equipment failure.